Saturday, May 8, 2010

Introduction of my 30 days experiment

1) Problem/Issue/Topic
I seldom cook by myself since I think cooking is a huge challenge for me. When I read the recipe, question marks flow over my head. The complicated and long procedures make me feel so annoyed. Choosing the ingredients in the supermarket, flavoring the ingredients, cooking them, totally frustrates me. So I choose to dine in different restaurants instead of cooking at home. At the same time, I can try different types of food which are different and similar to my home town or even I can compare the taste that I used to eat in Macau and in here.
Some of my friends have been living here for couple years more than me so they like to bring me to different restaurants in the Bay Area. In this 30 days experiment, I will go to diversified restaurants and introduce the food there throughout my blog. Since there are various races around the Bay Area, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc, I would like to explore certain of them by going to their restaurants. I would especially like to acquaint with the freshmen international students who only know just several restaurants around Cupertino before I transferred. We like to explore around new places no matter what dishes they serve. At the same time, I can introduce the culture and customs of different races.

2) Experiment & Rules
In the following 30 days, I will visit at least 14 restaurants in the Bay Area. I will put the photos and leave some comments for each of the restaurants on my blog. The restaurants maybe located anywhere in the Bay Area and will be different kinds of restaurants. The restaurants may include Japanese, Chinese (different kinds of Chinese food restaurants), Korean, Italian, American etc. But since I am an Asian, I will prefer the Asian restaurants more.

I would also like to describe the environment in the restaurants. Some of them are economical or costly. I will grade them with the highest five points and the lowest one point. I know some of you have visited some before. However, I want to share my opinions to all of you. When you visit my blog, you may discover various restaurants and foods near your home. People are welcome to leave comments on my blog and I will respond to them if I can.

3) Timeline & Documentation

I will start my experiment on the 8th of May and end at 6th of June. I will dine out three to four times a week and will post that restaurant after the meal on my blog. What I need for this experiment is a huge budget and a camera to take photos. Under every photo, I will add some description to it. The most important is I will describe the price of the meal that I have and report some responses of the customers. Not just the taste of the food, but also I will grade the restaurants for the service, environment. When I was small, I was interesting in many different country cultures. So I am really excited at doing this 30 days experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment